Develop one of Sweden's most popular mobile apps
Hemnet is the favorite place for many Swedes and half of our traffic comes from our apps. Now we are looking for an Android developer who wants to be part of making Hemnet's app even sharper.
Create elegant solutions for enthusiastic home seekers
At Hemnet we turn ideas into solutions that result in great user experience, through a fast and easy-to-follow development process. Together with your team, you will work with everything from user-friendliness, form and function to creative and elegant technical solutions, which will handle hundreds of thousands users. As an Android developer at Hemnet, you will always have the opportunity to influence how and what you work with.
At Hemnet we build for the web and the app simultaneously. This means that you will represent our app team, consisting of three android developers and three iOS developers, when collaborating with our cross-functional product development teams. You will work closely with other iOS and Android developers, but also with product managers, back- and frontend developers, UX and digital analysts.
As an Android developer at Hemnet you will:
- Be an important part of a team with shared product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Make quick decisions with an experimental and data-driven approach, using tools such as A/B testing.
- Take part in the entire product development cycle, from idea to, hypothesis definitions, experiments, iterative development, unit testing, release and support.
- Use modern technologies such as Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger 2, MVVM, Retrofit, GraphQL, JUnit and Mockito.
We also use GitHub, Bitrise and Firebase.
- Work closely with product managers and other roles; UX, backend development, data analysis, both inside and outside your team.
- Work in a friendly, caring and inclusive culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
We hope you:
- Are an experienced Android developer with good understanding of modern Android development.
- Have knowledge about Kotlin.
- Have knowledge about different design patterns that help you write high quality, clean and testable code.
- Believe in the value of automated testing.
- Have experience of an agile way of working.
- Have interest in both architecture, usability and interface design.
- Have a natural tendency to help your teammates and care for your colleagues.
It's great if you also have worked with (or are interested in learning):
- Dependency injection tools such as Dagger 2 and Hilt.
- Kotlin Coroutines.
- A/B Testing and remote feature toggling.
As one of our 30 developers, divided into six smaller teams…
... you'll often release new updates to the Hemnet app to our hundreds of thousands Android users. Thanks to our large volume of traffic, you'll get good feedback from experiments quickly.
Professional development and the desire to try new ways of working are something we encourage, as the goal is that these experiences will help us to get even better together. Of course, we have developer breakfasts, lab days and send ourselves to conferences, so you can test new technologies and grow in your role.
If you think it sounds exciting to be part of taking Sweden's largest property portal to the next step - don't hesitate to send your application!
|Typ av företag||Produktbolag|
|Antal anställda||50-99 anställda|
Vi bygger nyckeln till en enklare bostadsaffär!
As Sweden's largest housing portal - and one of the most used digital products in Sweden - millions of users enjoy what we build every week. Although we have been around for twenty years, and engaged so many people already, we are as playful and fast-moving as a startup.
At Hemnet, you'll part of creating the future of how people sell and buy their homes. Experimenting, evaluating and building will part of your day. Our large amount of users gives us data driven guidance in a short time. What we build in the morning is often out in production for our users already after lunch.
The development department is the biggest team at Hemnet with around 60 people. We are six small, cross-functional teams, all working in an agile and self-propelled way, playing a big part of the full product development cycle.
We are building products for people looking to buy a new home, people looking to sell a property, property brokers, and our b2b partners. We also develop a powerful, approachable and stable application platform enabling the development teams to release and maintain their products. This means that we develop a variety of different technical solutions, products and tools at Hemnet, to mention a few: Tools to to discover locations, for recommended listings and for notifications, API:s, payment solutions, search tools, integrations, tools to provide data and for price calculation, back office systems, and tools for CI/CD, release pipeline and monitoring.
Avsatt tid för vidareutbildning
Balans mellan fritid och arbete
Erbjuder arbete inhouse
Frihet i arbetet
Mer än 25 dagars semester
Möjlighet att jobba hemifrån
Tillgång till dusch
Utökat stöd vid föräldraledighet