You would join Epidemic’s Data Engineering team, with a mission to provide the platform, tools, solutions and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed.
You can expect to:
- Join an organisation with passionate data scientists and data engineers at an early stage of the company's history. This is a chance to be part of building a platform that scales worldwide
- Set up and/or build analytics tools, both through internally developed software and on BigQuery
-Evolve our current data platform and solutions to enable data collection, processing, access, usability and monitoring
- Design, build and maintain the Epidemic data model:
- Post-processing of data from products to create rich information available in a data warehouse
- Work with business stakeholders and design data models to quantitatively support everything from corporate strategy to user acquisition
- Act as a stakeholder and partner with engineering teams to build the infrastructure and tracking needed
This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
We collaborate constantly and are big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming. On top of this, you can expect to have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- are fluent in SQL
- have experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Kotlin, Java
- have experience working with data processing and querying engines such as Apache Beam, Google - Dataflow, Spark or BigQuery
- are passionate about data modeling and relational databases
- are someone with a good understanding of scalability and performance tuning of data processing
- an experienced user of large scale data warehousing
- used to data warehousing in a live setting with close ties to both backend developers and product data scientists
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
Who are you?
We believe that you are passionate about building great solutions that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind. Being principled but also pragmatic is a big plus in this role; we think you value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions. On top of this, we believe you have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply then. Most importantly, you love teamwork.
|Typ av företag||Produktbolag|
|Antal anställda||100-499 anställda|
We are disrupting the music industry and soundtracking the world
At Epidemic Sound we are all about building fantastic products that people love to use. To accomplish this we are big believers in teamwork and collaborative problem solving, and we value communication, empathy and a team-first mindset.
Our multiple development teams consists of developers, product owners, designers and data scientist who work closely together with the ownership and freedom to make the most of their product area.
We have an amazing office with an exceptional vibe on Södermalm in central Stockholm.
Google Cloud Platform
Balans mellan fritid och arbete
Erbjuder arbete inhouse
Mer än 25 dagars semester
Möjlighet att jobba hemifrån
Utökat stöd vid föräldraledighet